- 8.5 hours of sleep
- peaceful walk through one of Houston's most beautiful and quiet parks
- healthy breakfast
- pedicure (first one in eight months; bright RED!)
- cute clothes (anything apart from exercise clothes is cute in my book!)
- giant cup of Ginger Peach tea
- a bit of reading: Jesus Calling Devotional and a Psalm from The Bible
- now in my studio: a happy place where I love to be
Lots of ME time (rare), and yet...I'm in a slump. Hesitant to even tell you so. I've done all the right things to get my day off to a great start...and I'm still stuck. Ever have those days?
Two options: stay in the slump (no fun) or look for the ways God is inviting me out of the slump and into this day (ask and you shall receive, right?).
So I sat down at my computer (not knowing what else to do at this point) and saw a "Happy Monday" email from a fellow-blogger. Since I was in need of a little "happy" in my Monday, I popped over to her blog to see what was putting the spring in her step today...where I found this:
A beautiful lunch basket created out of a thankful heart (for a teacher).
And that's all it took to end my slumpy, dumpy day: a simple reminder that it feels good to GIVE THANKS. God must have known what He was talking about when He said, "In everything give thanks" (I Thessalonians 5:18). There's something about being thankful for what IS in your day that makes it hard to feel dumpy about what's NOT in your day!
How about you? What are you thankful for today?